This article is a stub. You should help Wolfire by expanding it.
Tutorials on how to create and import your custom terrain into Overgrowth.
Here is tutorial for L3DT version 2.9 standard. Also i am useing Overgrowth a134 files
So lets start with downloading L3DT here After you have installed it i recomend you to make walk-trough guide first to understand little this program.
I make also a Designable map with you.
Under the Heightfield size
- change width to 2048 and Height to 2048.
- change Horiz.scale to 1
optional change is to change HF/DM ratio to 16 for faster calculating of design map
click next untill you see Design map parameters
- change Average altitude: all the way to the land
- feel free to mess around with other sliders
- choose climate under Default climate this option changes texture map of your new map
L3DT also can generate atributes map what i am useing for waight map in OG and it is useing climate option what i will explain little later.
click next untill you see Calculation queue window
Check there Heightfield, Attributes map, terrain normals Texture map press next.
So you see Texture settings.
- uncheck Use light map because OG has its own shadows map
- check Anti-aliasing and move slider to 32X
- check Make high.resolution texture
- check Split map into tiles(mosaic map)
and press OK
L3DT will ask you now to save your project map so just save it somewhere.
After the calculatuon progress is finished continue the walk-trough guide
- The two tutorials cover two entirely different approaches.
- How to make your own Terrains for OG - Crash Course
- Custom Terrain Tutorial