How To Report a Bug in Overgrowth
Hi! Thanks for giving us your time to report a bug in Overgrowth. To ensure that we get as much relevant information as possible, follow the following steps.
To fix a bug, it's usually important that we are able to reproduce the problem in control circumstances. To help us achieve this we appreciate the following information in your mail.
- What version of the game you're running, including where you downloaded the game and if you're running the stable release or some other test version.
- What you were doing when the game crashed, including how long the game as been running, what levels you've been playing and what in-game features have been used in the editor (if any).
- What operating system you are running, and what version.
Files we are interested in
While running, the game writes multiple files into a local cache directory, in those there is information that is useful to us when solving your issue.
Depending on your operating system (Windows, Linux or Mac) the local cache directory will be in a different place, following are the directories for the respective operating system.
Macintosh HD/Users/~/Library/Application Support/Overgrowth/. Where '~' is your username.
In the cache directory there are primarily two files we are interested in.
- Data/hwreport.txt - Contains information about what hardware your computer contains.
- logfile.txt - Logfile of the games execution.
If the problem occurred in relation to a crash, you will have gotten a .dmp file, please include it, it will be in a folder with the name crash and the date of the crash. Send all the contents.
Note that we get multiple bug reports daily and we have a limited staff. This means we can't follow up on all bug reports, even less solve all of them. So don't feel offended if you don't get a response.
We might call back on you to give us additional information, if so we'll contact you on the same email you initially reported from.
And finally, thanks again for giving us the time to report bugs. It goes a far way to ensure we build the best product we can.